- World AIDS Day 2014 Monday December 1, 2014 - Begins at 11:30 am
On December 1st, join us in recognizing World AIDS Day with lunch and a guest speaker. Lunch is by donation and will be served around 12pm. Following the serving of lunch, Nicci, a woman with HIV and Hepatitis C will share her story. HIV is something that affects us all and so we welcome everyone to this event.
For more information please call the Battlefords Family Health Centre at 306-937-6840.
- Music from Around the World Wednesday December 3, 2014 - Begins at 7:00 pm, North Battleford City Kinsmen Band Hall
The North Battleford City Kinsmen Intermediate and Beginner bands under the direction of Gene Aulinger perform “Music from around the World” on Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 7 p.m. at the North Battleford City Kinsmen Band Hall, 1801 104th Street. Silver collection. All welcome
- NBCHS present Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Friday December 5, 2014 - 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
Come and see this classic tale produced on the Dekker Centre stage, December 5th at 7:30pm. Performance features retiring Principals Lyndon Heinemann and Daryle Wing. As well as a cake auction featuring Alice in Wonderland themed cakes created by the NBCHS Cake Decorating Club. Tickets are $15. Get them online at www.dekkercentre.com, visit the box office at the Dekker Centre or purchase them at the door that evening.
- A Walk Through Bethlehem Friday December 5, 2014 to Sunday December 7, 2014
December 5th and 6th - from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
December 7th - from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
This event provides a rare and unique opportunity for the people of the Battlefords to step back in time and experience Jesus' birthplace. Witness first hand the bustling city of Bethlehem and its sights and sounds as you walk through our little town.
As visitors tour Bethlehem they will be delighted as they see live animals and look upon the nativity scene. Don't miss this rare experience. Each tour lasts about 30 minutes. For tickets and information call 306-445-9096.
- A Prairie Christmas – Family Day Saturday December 6, 2014 - 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm, Western Development Museum
Held at the Western Development Museum, this event features children’s entertainment, crafts & games, a wiener and marshmallow roast, a visit with Santa plus take home treat, and a children only Santa shopping house. A concession will also be available. Admission: family $25, adult $10, senior $9, student $7, pre-school children 5 and under free. Come out for a day of activities, food and friendship.
- Battleford 2000 Lions CHRISTMAS BAZAAR Saturday December 6, 2014 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Alex Dillabough Centre
Located in the Alex Dillabough Centre, Battleford, this is a market with 60 vendors selling a variety of crafts and products. Date: Sat Dec 6, 10:00am - 4:00PM. Admission $3. and children 12 and under are free. Concession available. Proceeds go to various Lions community projects.
- A Prairie Christmas – Holiday Homecoming Sunday December 7, 2014 - 12 pm - 5 pm, Western Development Museum
The Western Development Museum presents an all afternoon event featuring live old-time entertainment. The bands include: Carmel Country, Jon Sloan & Friends, Keeping it Country, Hillcrest Singers, Sharon Rose and Country Cousins. There will be dancing, a concession available and the opportunity to view the Christmas displays. Admission: adult $10, senior $9, student $7, preschool children under 5 free. Come out for a day of activities, food and friendship.
- 65 Years of Music and Mayhem Sunday December 7, 2014 - 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm, Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
The North Battleford City Kinsmen Concert Band performs “65 Years of Music and Mayhem” on Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 2:30 p.m. at the Dekker Centre. Music director for this concert is Jackie Kroczynski. Tickets are $15.00 plus GST and are available at the Dekker Centre or from band members
- Christmas Celebration Banquet Sunday December 7, 2014 - 5:00pm, Territorial Drive Alliance Church
Territorial Drive Alliance Church presents a Christmas Celebration Banquet on Sunday, December 7th at 5:00 p.m. Dinner with music to follow. Everyone welcome! Tickets are $25 each. Tickets available at the church office or call 306-445-5158 until November 30th.
- Introduction to Snorkelling (Skin Diving) Sunday December 7, 2014 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, Battlefords Co-op Aquatic Centre
The Battlefords Scuba Community is holding a free workshop at the Battlefords Co-Op Aquatic Centre. Masks, snorkel and fins are provided for the session but participants can bring their own if they wish. Learn the basics of using this equipment safely comfortably. Participants must register in advance by phoning Dennis at 306-937-7195 to register.
- Club 70 Dance Night Saturday December 20, 2014 - 8 pm - 12 am, Royal Canadian Legion #70
Dancing from 8:00 PM until 12:00 AM. Lunch served at midnight.
1352-100th Street, North Battleford Legion Hall
North Battleford, SK
15.00 per person, lunch included.